Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Amazon lowers Kindle ereader prices and introduces new Kindle ereaders

Amazon has announced 4 new Kindle products, and you'll be happy to see that part of the "new" is a LOWER price. Finally, we have Kindle ereaders for under $100, just as many (including me) have been predicting. And what perfect timing--just in time for early Christmas shoppers.

First, the all new Kindle with wi-fi. It's lighter, smaller and faster. And the price is only $79 US!

Next up is the Kindle Touch with wi-fi and audio. It has a simple touchscreen and is activated by a tap or swipe. Price: $99 US.

The Kindle Touch also comes with wi-fi AND 3G, which works globally with no annual contracts and plays audio and mp3s. Price: $149.00 US.

And lastly, an all new product, the Kindle Fire, a full color multi-touch, multimedia Kindle that plays movies, TV shows, music, books, magazines, apps, games, web browsing and more. Price: only $199 US.

3 comments:

  1. I got my Kindle last Christmas at a sale price, so I was lucky. Love having the wifi and 3G, especially for those travel times. I still buy some books for my shelf, but I'm thrilled with my ereader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Kindle too, and I love it! It's perfect for traveling as I'll never run out of books to read. It's lightweight so I can put it in my purse and read while waiting at during doctor/dentist offices. And it's so easy on the eyes. If I want a break from wearing glasses, I can enlarge the font. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just ordered my KINDLE FIRE and I posted the blurb about it (the actual announcement) today, too, Cher. I won't get it till mid-November IF I ordered quick enough and they produced enough. LOL

    I love my Kindle, but I can still take this with me; it's not THAT big. One of my grand-daughters read the blurb I posted and came right on asking for my K when I get the KF... Smart girl; I said Yes, of course. First dibs, you know.

    Love you and miss you, hon. Working on that two-liner...

    Hugs - Betty Boop

    ReplyDelete